After we installed Windows 10 on an existing Point of Sale Version 12 installation, we received an error which prevented us from opening the Company file on all workstations and the Server as well. This simple fix needs to be run in order to resolve this issue. It is import to make this adjustment in the SERVICES section on the main SERVER, not the actual workstations.
As a workaround you may perform the following steps to access your data file in Point of Sale:
1. Close the Point of Sale program
2. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box
3. Type in services.msc and select enter
1. Select the Intuit Entitlement Service v8 for 2013 and 12.0
2. Select the Intuit Entitlement Service v6.0 for 10.0
4. Right click on the appropriate version of the Intuit Entitlement Service and select Properties from the right click menu.
5. On the Properties window, on the Startup type drop down menu select Automatic (Delayed Start).
6. Start the service, if it is not already, by clicking on the Start button.
7. Click on the Ok button to close the properties window.
8. Close the Services Window by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
9. Reopen the Point of Sale program
1. Why is this happening?
The Intuit Entitlement Service which allows Point of Sale software to open a data file no longer was able to run as before due to a Windows update.
2. What is Intuit doing about it?
We have provided a workaround for a solution to the issue as we are not able to directly change the Windows operating system.
3. When will this issue be fixed?
At this time we are not able to resolve this due to the update with Windows.
4. How often will I receive updates for this issue?
This issue is currently set now to be updated every two weeks.
Note: You may refer to Resolve Point of Sale errors for other issues received after Windows 10 installation.
For more help, please call our corporate offices at 888-227-0700. We have offices in Northern and Southern California.